- 1 x 400g can chickpeas, rinsed, drained
- 40ml fresh lemon juice
- 2 tbs tahini (sesame paste)
- 3 tbs water
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Place chickpeas, lemon juice, tahini, water, cumin, coriander and garlic in a food processor and process until a smooth paste forms.
- Taste and season with salt and pepper. Add a little water if the hummus is too thick.
- Transfer hummus to a bowl, and serve!
Optional: Use sweet paprika or coriander leaves (to garnish), carrot & celery sticks (to serve). You can also replace most of the traditional tahini with yogurt for a lower calories version!