What is Salted Butter Caramel?
- 1 apple, finely sliced
- half tsp of butter
- 2x filo pastry sheets
- 3x tsp of salted butter caramel
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C.
- Place the slices of apple in a pan with half a tea spoon of butter and cook for a few minutes, until the apples become soft.
- Cut the sheets of filo in half or third. Place the cooked apple slices on the centre of each sheet and add half a tea spoon of salted butter caramel.
- Fold the edges and hold with toothpicks.
- Place on a baking tray and bake for about 10 minutes or until crisp and golden.
- Serve warm with French vanilla ice cream.
|Browning the slices of apple|
|Filling the parcels with apples and caramel|
|Aumoniere prior to being cooked|
♥ Use it as a spread on crepes or brioche for a delicious French breakfast
♥ It can be a delicious sweet coulis on goat cheese
♥ When cooking add one spoonful of salted butter caramel to duck breast or roasted pork at the end of the cooking time
♥ Of course it may be hard to resist just spooning it out of the jar!