- One pack of Oreos biscuits (double stuffed ones)
- 1 bag of cooking white chocolate buttons
- Rainbow sprinkles
- Cake pop sticks (15 cm)
- Carefully twist apart all of the Oreo biscuits – GOOD LUCK with that!
- Using one of the pop sticks, make an indentation in the white filling of each biscuit
- Melt the chocolate, stirring until completely melted and smooth
- Dip the end of one stick into the melted white chocolate, drizzle a little in the center of the white cookie filling and then gently press it into the indentation made
- Place the top of the Oreo back on and allow the white chocolate to harden (5 minutes or so), cementing the biscuit back together
- Holding the stick, cover one side of the Oreo with the melted white chocolate
- Allow the excess chocolate to drain off and gently place the Oreo on a piece of baking paper chocolate facing up
- Top with sprinkles immediately before the chocolate hardens
- Leaves to cool for a few minutes and repeat for the other side
- Cool in the fridge for a couple of hours
|I forgot to buy the Double Stuff and got the normal ones instead, it made the task more difficult!|
1. Many of the biscuits broke when twisting them apart (Mr Slimalicious was delighted to take to work a small box of broken Oreo’s for morning tea!)
2. It wasn’t as easy as it look to cover the biscuits in chocolate (maybe due to my lack of experience)
3. The sprinkles fall very easily from the pops
4. The Oreo pops are quite hard once finished (because of the hard chocolate + sprinkles coating), be careful not to break a tooth!
5. BUT…on the plus side, I’ve IMPRESSED my boss and my work colleagues when I took these to the office the next day!