Pasta bake makes a hearty meal you can often prepare in advance. This is one of my favourite quick and easy vegetarian pasta recipe. The sauce is very similar to a French ratatouille except that it doesn’t include red capsicum.
Ingredients (serve 4)
- 300g of dried (wholemeal or traditional) pasta
- 1x tsp of extra virgin olive oil
- 1x brown onion, diced
- 1x aubergine (eggplant), diced
- 2x small courgette (zucchini), diced
- 2x cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 1x can of diced tomatoes
- 2 tbsp of water
- 1/2 cup of fresh basil leaves
- 1 tsp of dried thyme or rosemary
- 1/2 cup of grated mature cheddar
- Salt, pepper to taste
1. Cook the pasta following the instructions on packaging, drain and set aside
2. Heat up the olive oil, add the onion in and cook for a few minutes, until brown
3. Stir in the courgette, aubergine and garlic. Cook for a few minutes on high heat until brown, then cook for for another 9-10 minutes on medium heat or until soft
4. Add the diced tomatoes, water and herbs, simmer for 5 minutes on low heat
5. Mix the pasta with the vegetable & tomato sauce in an oven proof dish (I use Pyrex)
6. Top up with a layer of cheese before grilling in the oven for 5 minutes
Voila, c’est pret, bon appetit!
|I guarantee it tastes BETTER than it looks! 🙂|
How do you cook pasta in your house?
What is your favourite pasta bake recipe?