Christmas is a celebration, it’s a happy time where family indulge and share delicious food. These classic Italian cookies are easy to prepare and make cute little treats for Christmas. I had never made biscotti before as it is not a popular treat in France and I was surprised to discover how easy they are to make! The crunchy little biscuits are low in fat (no butter, no oil) and can be stored in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks – perfect to make the pleasure lasts! The recipe comes from Weight Watchers’ cookbook ‘Takeaway at Home’ (2 ProPoints per biscotti).
Fig and Pecan Biscotti (Weight Watchers)
- 1/3 cup (75 g) caster sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup (150 g) plain flour
- 1 tsp finely grated orange rind
- 1/3 cup (65 g) finely chopped dried figs
- 1/3 (40 g) finely chopped pecans