Don’t you love healthy snacks? I do, especially when they look as good as they taste and even more! During my recent visit to Lyon, France, I came across this simple recipe. It was just there in front of me at the supermarket cash register. I thought you may like me to share it. Even the name is delicious: “Pommes d’Amour de Tomates Cerises” (lit.”love apple of cherry tomatoes“). These treats are a healthy mini version of candied apple! They just look like cake pops!
I love entertaining at home and couldn’t wait to have friends over to try this recipe on the weekend! It is so simple, yet tasty and healthy. A true French recipe!
- 250 g of cherry tomatoes
- 100 g sugar
- 30 g water
- 4 tbsp Port (or red wine)
- 1 cup of sesame seeds
- 1/2 lemon juice
- Wash the tomatoes and dry them with a cloth.
- Insert a tooth pick in each tomato
- Prepare the caramel: heat the sugar in a sauce pan with water and port. Stir regularly until the caramel is brown and a little thick.
- Add lemon juice delicately and lower the heat. Cook for a a few minutes.
- Remove from heat. Plunge each tomato in the caramel mixture, then in the sesame seeds bowl.
- Leave to cool on a tray covered with baking paper.
- Serve with a glass of wine before dinner!
What is your favourite healthy treat?
Do you like to entertain guests at home?