This delicious recipe comes from Hellofresh. I bought a 3 meal package last month and really loved the fresh and aromatic flavour of this dish. I’m usually not a big fan of chicken which I find rather tasteless but the coriander, ginger and lemon marinade really makes a difference to the overall taste and even to the texture of the chicken.
- 2 tsp coriander ground
- 1/2 ginger knob, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 coriander bunch, chopped
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 350 g chicken breast
- 150 g rice
- 1 spring onions, chopped
- In a mortar and pestle make a paste out of the ground coriander, ginger, garlic, salt (if you don’t have a mortar and pestle just mix in a small bowl to combine).
- Add the extra virgin olive oil and mix until combined, then stir in half the fresh coriander, lemon zest & juice.
- Coat the chicken breast well with the marinade and leave aside while you start cooking the rice.
- While the rice is cooking, heat a pan to medium-high heat, cook the chicken for 2-3 minutes on either side or until cooked through (raw chicken really isn’t good!), cooking time will vary depending on the thickness of you chicken.
- Once your rice is cooked/draiend, transfer to a bowl and add the remaining fresh coriander and spring onion to the rice and toss to combine.
What is your favourite chicken marinade flavour?