Flans au Café (coffee flans) are a variation of my traditional Flans Aux Oeufs. If like me you love coffee flavoured treats, then you’ll love the accent the coffee gives to these scrumptious creamy desserts.
Home-made crèmes and flans are easy to prepare: everybody has milk, egg and sugar at home! They are also a lot healthier than the mass-produced industrial desserts found in supermarkets: less sugar, less fat, no preservatives, no GELATINE!
- 600 ml milk
- 4 tsp instant coffee (I used Nature’s Cuppa instant freeze dried rainforest coffee granules, made exclusively from 100% organic arabica beans)
- 3 farm fresh eggs
- 120 g raw sugar
- Heat milk and instant coffee in a saucepan over medium heat until small bubbles form. Whisk to ensure the coffee has dissolved. Remove from heat.
- In a bowl whisk eggs with the sugar.
- Slowly pour egg and sugar mixture into the milk and whisk until well combined.
- Pre-heat the oven at 180°.
- Divide between small oven proof dishes. Place dishes in a large baking dish or deep tray and pour boiling water into tray until halfway up the sides of the smaller dishes.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until set.
- Set aside to cool. Refrigerate for 3 to 4 hours before serving.
|Divide into oven proof dishes and cook using Bain-Marie method|
Do you like coffee flavoured desserts or treats?