I’ve been a Weight Watchers members since May 2013. At first I joined with a workmate through work for a 12 week program (we had a WW leader come in the office once a week for the weekly meetings and weigh-in), then in September after I came my back from my holiday in France, I joined the on-line program. I find that it suits my lifestyle and helps me maintain my weight.
Today, I’m sharing the latest recipe I’ve tried from the Weight Watchers Easy As 1, 2, 3 cookbook: Tandoori Fish with Rice Salad.
- 1/2 cup (120 g) low-fat natural yoghurt
- 1 tbsp tandoori paste (I used tandoori powder)
- 4x 130 g firm white fish fillet (I used barramundi)
- 1/2 cup (130 g) basmati rice
- 2 tomatoes, chopped (I used cherry tomatoes, halves)
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, de-seeded, chopped (I didn’t have any)
- 1 red capsicum, chopped (I didn’t have any)
- 1/4 chopped fresh mint leaves (I used spring onions)
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Combine 2 tbsp of yoghurt and tandoori paste in a shallow glass or ceramic dish. Add fish and turn to coat. Cover and refregirate for 1 hour. Combine remaining yoghurt and 2 tbsp water in a small bowl.
- Cook rice and place in a large bowl. Set aside for 10 minutes to cool. Add tomato, cucumber, capsicum, mint and oil. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Toss to combine.
- Lightly spray a large non-stick pan with oil and heat over medium-high heat. Cook fish for 2 minutes each side or until just cooked through. Serve with rice salad, yoghurt mixture and baby spinash leaves.
Do you follow recipes to the letter or always have to change something to give your dish a personal twist?