In Australia, autumn is knocking, the leaves are falling. Grey clouds and crisp wind make us crave our favourite comfort foods. As the evenings cool down, all we want is to cosy up with a book and a warm drink. This spicy hearty stew will bring you comfort and keep you warm during the colder months! This casserole recipe is fast and easy to prepare, delicious yet low in calories. The Spanish chorizo adds texture to the dish while the butter beans load it with protein. This recipe was adapted from Lavender and Lovage.
Spanish Chorizo and Butter Beans Casserole
- 50g chorizo, finely sliced
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, finely diced
- 1 x 400 g tin of butter beans (rinsed and drained)
- 1 x 400 g tin of diced tomatoes
- 3 tsp of Hungarian paprika
- salt and pepper, to taste
- In a saucepan cook the finely sliced chorizo on medium heat until the oil begins to run.
- Add the onion and garlic, stirring occasionally. Cook until the onion and garlic are soft.
- Add the butter beans and tinned tomatoes and stir well.
- Add some paprika to taste, stir well and simmer over a gentle heat for about 5 minutes. Add a little water if the stew is too thick, and adjust seasoning to taste with salt and pepper.