There are many things I like about this simple Italian dish: it’s cooked all in 1 pan; we’re using robust Mediterranean herbs with the tomatoes, and the rich and chunky sauce is a perfect winter warmer! It’s quick to make and you only need a few ingredients.
- 1x brown onion, chopped
- 2x garlic cloves, chopped
- 1x can of diced tomatoes
- 1/2x long chilli, thinly sliced
- Fresh thyme
- 6x Italian pork sausages
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Heat olive oil in a fry pan, place onion and garlic and cook until brown.
- Add the sausage, cook for a few minutes until brown.
- Add diced tomatoes, chilli, thyme and vinegar. Cook on low heat for 20 minutes.
- Serve with polenta and rocket.