This delicious recipe comes from Hellofresh (I bought a 3 meal box recently). I really loved the aromatic flavour of this simple Turkish inspired vegetarian dish. The garlic yoghurt is punchy and balances the flavours of the cumin and dried coriander spices-mix.
- 2x sweet potatoes, sliced
- 2x carrots, sliced
- 3 tbsp Turkish spices
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tbsp za’atar or dukhah
- Turkish bread
- 1/2x lemon, juiced
- 1/2 cup of Greek yoghurt
- 1x garlic bulb
- 1/2 cup coriander, roughly chopped
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius. Place sliced sweet potatoes and carrots in an oven tray. Mix olive oil with Turkish spices. Coat vegetables with the mix, toss well. Slice garlic bulb in half and place on side of dish.
- Cook in oven for 25-30 minutes.
- Slice Turkish bread in half and place in the oven for a few minutes until slightly brown. Drizzle with olive oil and za’atar or dukhah. Cook for another 2 minutes.
- Remove garlic from oven, remove skin and and press in a bowl. Add lemon juice, Greek yoghurt and season with salt and pepper.
- Divide roasted vegetables in plates, add coriander. Serve with bread and garlic yoghurt.