I’ve always been scared of cannelloni – I mean eating cannelloni, no doubt I love, but I always thought it was a hard dish to make – the tubes look so fragile! The great news is I was wrong. Cannelloni can be easy to prepare and it doesn’t necessarily require a lot of effort. I used lentils and an organic Italian style pasta sauce (sugo) from Spiral Organics which deliciously tastes of roasted pepper and garlic. The result was well worth the 30 minute wait for the tubes to cook in the oven!
- 400 g canned lentils, drained and rinsed
- Jar of your favourite tomato pasta sauce (I used Spiral Organic Primavera Sugo*)
- 125 g dried cannelloni tubes
- 1 cup grated cheese
- Pre-heat your oven to 180 C fan forced.
- Mix the lentils and 3/4 of the pasta sauce in a bowl. Add half a cup of grated cheese to the mixture.
- Fill each cannelloni tube with the sauce.
- Once all the cannelloni tubes are neatly aligned in the oven proof dish, pour the remaining pasta sauce on top and scatter over the remaining grated cheese.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and leave to sit for 5 minutes to allow the sauce to cool slightly. Serve and enjoy!