This easy to make Indian prawn dish will satisfy your curry cravings – it’s the most delicious easy prawn Jalfrezi recipe! Jalfrezi is particular to Pakistani cuisine and generally involves frying marinated pieces of meat, fish or vegetables in oil and spices to produce a dry, thick sauce. Jalfrezi is usually spicy but you can make a mild version of the dish. I read once that Jalfrezi was the Indian version of a Chinese stir-fry made with curry spices – Mmm not too sure about that! This Easy Prawn Jalfrezi recipe is adapted from HelloFresh.
Easy Prawn Jalfrezi
- 150 g rice
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled & crushed
- 1 knob ginger, finely chopped
- 1 tsp Jalfrezi spice blend
- 1 tin diced tomatoes
- 250 g prawns, roughly chopped
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 tbs coriander, roughly chopped
- Cook rice
- Heat the olive oil in a pan over medium-high heat. Add the onion, garlic, and ginger, cook for 2-3 minutes or until the onion softens.
- Add in the Jalfrezi spice blend and cook for a further minute.
- Stir in the diced tomatoes and cover the pan with a lid, cook for 15 minutes on a low simmer, stirring regularly. If it looks like it becoming a bit dry add a splash of water.
- Add in the prawns and simmer for a further 3-5 minutes. Taste and adjust seasoning accordingly.
- Stir in the lemon juice and the coriander. Serve with rice and enjoy!
What is your favourite Indian dish?
Do you eat spicy food often?