As previously mentioned, I’ve been trialling MyCook Premium for a little while now. One of my go to recipes since having the luxury of having this multi-function appliance at home is this home-made pizza recipe. I had never made my own pizza dough before but now that I have tried I wouldn’t go back to anything else! MyCook Premium is an European thermal food processor, made in Spain that offers similar functionalities to the world famous Thermomix – kneading, mincing, chopping, shredding, grinding, mixing, whipping, beating, steaming, sautéing, weighing and blending! With this genius appliance, you too can cook up a storm in the space of a few minutes as I’m about to show you!
- 30 g extra virgin olive oil
- 10 g Baker’s yeast
- 350 g plain flour
- 1 pinch of salt
- 170 g water
Tomato Sugo (my own)
- 30 g of extra virgin olive oil
- 2 small brown onions, quartered
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1/2 fresh red chilli
- 1 can of diced tomatoes
- 1/2 can of tomato paste
- 1/2 cup of fresh basil
- 1 dash of red wine(optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat up 170 g water, 30 g oil and salt – 30 second at 40ºC, speed 1
- Add 10 g baker’s yeast and 350 g flour – kneed for 2min
- Remove the dough from the jar and cover it with a dry cloth and let to rise at home temperature for a few hours.
- Heat up olive oil – sautéed for 1 minute at 120ºC
- Place onion, garlic, chilli in the jar – sautéed for 5 minute at 120ºC
- Add all other ingredients – sautéed for 5 minute at 120ºC
- Once cooked, to obtain a thinner texture, press TURBO until you get the desire result
- Roll the dough out thinly, cover it with the tomato sugo and your favourite toppings, preheat the oven and cook for 10-15 minutes at 220ºC.
What are your favourite pizza toppings?
Do you make pizza at home?