Today I’m very excited to introduced you all to my new kitchen appliance: the Tefal Cuisine Companion. If you’ve been following this blog for some time you would know I love the French brand Tefal. I have a Tefal electric pressure cooker at home and also a Tefal air fryer. Needless to say ALL of my non-stick frying pans are also Tefal. In France Tefal is an institution, I grew up with it.
I already love Cuisine Companion and this is one of many recipes to come! The Tri-Colour Mediterranean Quinoa recipe is inspired from the ‘Quinoa with Tomatoes’ Tefal Cuisine Companion 1 Million Menus, Recipe N# 132. It’s flavoursome, and juicy – a healthy easy to make vegetarian dish!
- 150 g tri-colour organic quinoa
- 1 brown onion
- 50 ml olive oil
- 100 ml tomato paste
- 200 g fresh tomatoes
- 10 fresh basil leaves
- Tap water
- Salt, pepper to taste
- Peel the onion and roughly chop. Place in the bowl fitted with the ultra-blade knife and mix at speed 11 for 10 seconds.
- Replace the knife blade with the mixer. Add the olive oil, quinoa, tomato paste and twice as much water as quinoa. Season with salt and pepper. Launch the P3 slow cook program at 95C for 20 minutes, with the stopper on.
- Chop the tomatoes into small dice.
- At the end of the cooking, add the tomatoes and gently mix with a spatula. Serve immediately garnishing with fresh basil leaves
More about Tefal Cuisine Companion
♥ All-in-one, kitchen wonder machine that creates amazing dishes at the touch of a button
♥ Cooking-capable food processor replacing up to 10 kitchen appliances
♥ Perfect for chopping, whipping, mixing, kneading, cooking, steaming, blending, stirring, emulsifying, whisking, searing, crushing, milling and precise heating
♥ Comes fully equipped with an intuitive and easy-to-use interface with 6 automatic functions
♥ Made in France
Disclaimer: I was lucky enough to be one of the only few people Tefal handpicked to become the founding members of the Cuisine Companion Club. To this effect, I received a complementary Cuisine Companion from Tefal. All opinions are my own.
Recette en Francais – Quinoa aux Tomates
- 150 g quinoa (bio)
- 1 oignon
- 50 ml huile d’olive
- 100 ml concentré de tomate
- 200 g tomates fraiches
- 10 feuilles de basilic frais
- sel et poivre
- Peler l’oignon et le couper en 4. Mettre dans le bol avec la lame couteau et programmer 10 sec, vitesse 11.
- Remplacer le couteau par le mélangeur. Ajouter l’huile d’olive, le quinoa et le concentré de tomate et l’eau (deux fois le volume du quinoa). Assaisonner avec du sel et du poivre
- Lancer le programme mijoté P3, 95C pendant 20 minutes, avec le bouchon
- Couper les tomates en petits dés.
- A la fin du programme, ajouter les tomates au quinoa et remuer délicatement.
Do you cook with quinoa?
What herbs and spices do you use most in your cooking?