Pasta makes for an easy and economical vegetarian meal but it doesn’t have to be boring or unhealthy! This vegetarian chili spaghetti with zucchini & lemon is a nice change from your traditional pasta dish. You can serve it warm or cold. For more spice, I recommend you sprinkle on some chili infused oil before serving. This recipe is adapted from HelloFresh.
Chili Spaghetti with Zucchini & Lemon
- 200 g spaghetti pasta
- 3 tbs olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled & crushed
- 1 lemon, zested & juiced
- 1 long chilli, de-seeded & finely chopped
- 1 zucchini, grated or finely sliced
- 1 punnet cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 tbs white wine vinegar
- 70 g rocket, washed & dried
- Cook the pasta as per packaging instructions. Rinse the cooked pasta in cold running water to prevent it from sticking as it cools down.
- Heat the olive oil over a medium-high heat and sauté the garlic, lemon zest and chilli for 2 minutes.
- Add grated zucchini and stir until well combined, then cook for another minute.
- Add in the tomatoes and cook for a further 1 – 2 minutes.
- Add the white wine vinegar and cook for a further 1 minute.
- Add the spaghetti to the pan, gently toss and heat through for 2 minutes and generously season with salt and pepper.
- Remove the pan from the heat and toss through the rocket leaves and lemon juice. Enjoy with a chilled glass of white wine!