This is my first attempt at making this easy Raspberry and Lime Slice recipe. This zesty golden cake makes the perfect accompaniment to a cup of tea.
I have always loved baking, sadly I believe I am not really good at it. You know how people say you shouldn’t bake without a recipe – that’s where my problem sits. Even if I have a recipe, I can’t help but always change something: less sugar, less butter, add extra ingredients, cook for a little bit longer or at a different temperature. I just HAVE to do things my way, and sometimes (too often) it leads to disappointment. Interestingly, lately I have been receiving consistent, yet surprising, feedback at work: apparently I am a perfectionist! WHAT! That’s news to me. Maybe my cooking is good but my expectations are too high…Anyway, I disgrace. I did over cook a little bit this Raspberry and Lime Slice, as it wasn’t set after 25 min. I baked it for an additional 7 min and the crust turned out little thick.
Raspberry and Lime Slice
- 160 g raw sugar
- 2 free range eggs
- 150 g plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 100 g frozen raspberry
- 50 g butter
- zest of a lime
- Preheat oven to 180c (FF) and lightly grease a loaf pan with butter and flour.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together sugar and egg.
- Add flour, baking powder and lime zest.
- Pour the dough into your baking pan and place the raspberries on top.
- Shave butter and place over the raspberries
- Bake for 25-30 minutes. Cool on a rack for 5-10 minutes, then run a knife around the edge of the pan and turn out onto a wire rack to cool completely before slicing.
How often do you bake at home?