These healthy crunchy little parcels make a great snack. They are fun to prepare and require no cooking. Making spring rolls is so much easier than I thought! If you haven’t tried yet, I am really hoping you do! Vietnamese rice paper is readily available in supermarkets and grocery stores. Rice paper is traditionally made from just rice, water, and salt. Aside from looking pretty and holding food together, they give a chewy texture to the crunchy raw vegetables. All you need to do to make these easy vegetarian spring rolls is your favourite vegetables tightly rolled in rice paper.
Easy Vegetarian Spring Rolls
- A pack of Vietnamese rice paper sheets
- 1 large carrot
- 1 red capsicum
- 1 green zucchini
- Julienne the carrots, capsicum and zucchini, and set in separate piles.
- Fill a plate with warm water. Put the rice paper sheet in the water, rotating it to make sure every part of the wrapper becomes wet and bendable. You don’t want to over soak the wrapper. Let the excess water quickly drip off the wrapper and place the wrapper on a clean moist tea towel for assembling.
- Place a few pieces of each vegetable, all facing the same direction, half way between the center of the wrapper and the bottom edge.
- Wrap the spring roll on itself, wrapping away from your body. Once you are half way, fold the sides in and continue rolling.
- Serve with hoisin sauce
Do you make spring rolls at home? What is your favourite stuffing?