If like me you don’t like bechamel sauce, this Crispy Lasagna (No Bechamel) recipe is for you! The truth is I had never made lasagna until today firstly because I hate any kind of white sauce, but also because I always (wrongly) thought lasagna was a hard to make dish. I was so wrong! Lasagna has proven to be in fact pretty easy to prepare and it makes a wonderful comforting winter dish for the whole family to enjoy.
Crispy Lasagna (No Bechamel)
- 500 g premium beef mince
- 1x large can of diced tomatoes
- Lasagna sheets
- 1 large brown onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 carrot
- Half a cup of freshly grated parmesan
- A cup of cheddar
- A handful of bread crumbs
- 2 tbsp dried oregano
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
- Sauté onion and garlic until soft. Add beef mince and cook until browned.
- Stir in tinned tomatoes. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover and simmer for 10-20 mins.
- Pre-heat oven to 220°C
- In the baking dish layer meat sauce, cheese and lasagna, (making sure the lasagna is totally covered).
- Repeat layers, finishing with more grated cheese and bread crumbs.
- Bake 20 minutes, remove from oven an let rest for another 10 minutes.
Do you make your own lasagna? What is your favourite winter dish?