Plum Clafoutis is a French dessert and one of the easiest to make! If you try it, Plum Clafoutis will soon become one of your family’s favourite dessert. You may have heard about clafoutis (or clafouti) but you may wonder what it is exactly. It is a traditional baked French dessert usually made with cherries, in a buttered dish and covered with a thick crepe-like batter. I used plums this time as they were in season but fresh or frozen berries also make a great topping when cherries are not available or too expensive to buy. Another great thing about clafoutis is that it is low in fat (no butter or oil) and low in sugar too!
- 600 g fresh plums (pitted)
- 4 eggs
- 160 g plain flower
- 60 g raw sugar
- 450 ml milk
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C. Butter a baking tray.
- Arrange the plum halves, cut side down, so that they cover the entire bottom of the pie plate.
- In a blender, combine the eggs and sugar. Add the flour and milk.
- Process until smooth, about 2 minutes. Pour over the fruit in the pan.
- Bake for 40 minutes in the preheated oven, or until firm and lightly browned.
- Serve warm or cold (I personally prefer it cold). Dust with icing sugar before serving.
Have you ever had plum clafoutis?