It’s no secret I love salads (may it be pear, walnut and gorgonzola salad, Moroccan chickpea salad or an Italian mixed bean salad). Today I’ve got something a little different for you. I have been experimenting with quinoa for a little while now and I think you are going to like this Mint and Lemon Quinoa Salad. It is refreshing, simple, easy to prepare and filling. Slightly nutty and grainy, the quinoa is mixed with shallots, garlic and tomatoes before adding some fresh mint and parsley to it. The lemon and olive oil dressing adds zing to the dish. For more intense flavours, I recommend you make it in advance and let the dressing infuse the grains.
This salad is suitable for gluten-free and vegetarians.
Mint and Lemon Quinoa Salad
- 1 cup of quinoa (uncooked)
- 1/2 cup of fresh mint (chopped)
- 1/2 cup of fresh parsley (chopped)
- 1 tomato (diced)
- 2 French shallots (or 1/2 red onion) (chopped)
- 1 garlic clove (chopped)
- 1 lemon zest
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp pink Himalayan salt
- Cook quinoa as per packet instruction
- Once the quinoa is cooked, let it cool before adding all the chopped ingredients
- Make the dressing in a small bowl and mix through the salad
Do you love quinoa?