Mushroom is nature’s superfood, because of its numerous nutritional benefits. Fresh mushrooms are firm to the touch, have uniform colour and have a slightly shiny surface. The best way to store mushrooms is to leave them in the brown paper bag in the fridge (but not in the vegetables compartment). This ricotta and bacon stuffed mushrooms recipe make for an interesting entrée and will delight any mushrooms lovers! You can adapt the recipe for vegetarians by replacing the bacon with sundried tomatoes or kamalata olives.
Ricotta and Bacon Stuffed Mushrooms
- 3 portobello mushrooms
- 100 g fresh ricotta
- 2 tbsp spring onions (or chives), snipped
- 2 slices of trimmed bacon, finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C. Line a baking tray with baking paper and grease a little.
- Render the bacon in a non-stick frying pan for a few minutes.
- Peel mushrooms and cut stems off, place mushrooms on tray.
- Finely dice the stems and mix together with ricotta and sliced spring onions (or chives).
- Divide ricotta mixture between mushroom caps. Scatter over bacon.
- Cook for about 25 min for a melt in the mouth mushroom.
Do you like mushrooms?
How often to do you buy them?