I was at Sydney Fish Market not long ago, and loved the variety of fish on display. I couldn’t leave empty handed, so I grabbed some delicious yellow fin tuna steak. When choosing fresh tuna, choose a piece that smells ocean-fresh and looks glossy. Perfectly cooking tuna steaks can be tricky though as the meat can become dry if cooked for too long. I marinated the steaks and grilled them in the oven (sadly I overcooked mine this time around). This Grilled Yellow Fin Tuna Steak recipe is simple and make for a high protein dinner.
Grilled Yellow Fin Tuna Steak
- 3 tuna steak
- 1/3 cup of soy sauce
- 1/4 cup of fresh lemon juice
- 1/3 extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp of Dijon mustard
- 1 clove of garlic
- Prick tuna steaks all over with a fork and place in shallow glass dish.
- Whisk oil, soy sauce, lemon juice, Dijon mustard, lemon peel, and garlic together in a bowl; pour over the tuna steaks. Cover dish with plastic wrap and refrigerate 1 to 3 hours.
- Preheat grill for medium heat and lightly oil the grate.
- Remove tuna from the marinade.
- Cook tuna on preheated grill, basting with boiled marinade, until cooked through, 5 to 6 minutes per side. Serve with lemon wedges and your favourite vegetables.
What fish do you like best? How often do you cook fish?