CHRISTMAS GIFT GUIDE 2016
The tree and decorations are out meaning it’s time to start preparing for Christmas shopping if you haven’t already! I know time flies, where has the year gone! If you’re like me, you may be cringing at the thought of Christmas shopping (crowded shopping centres, expensive purchases and lack of inspiration). Well worry no more because whether you are looking at buying a Christmas gift for a family member, a friend or a work colleague, for the fifth consecutive year, I’ve got you covered with 28 original gift ideas that won’t ruin you! And I’m even more excited this year around because we finally have a Kids sections! Happy shopping and….Joyeux Noel!
1. Make the Christmas of any new parents very special this year with an original, thoughtful and practical gift: a cleaning session from SimplyMaid! Trust me, your friend will be forever grateful to have someone help out at home during the busiest time of the year! RRP from $119
2. Skip the chocolate this Christmas, and replace with The SugarFree Box instead! It’s packed full of the highest quality refined sugar-free products sourced mainly from Australian businesses, allowing you to try delicious and nutritious products, without spending hours trawling health food store aisles or deciphering complicated labels. RRP $110
4. The unique Be Fraiche Essential Bundle fuses together the most powerful Asian and Western ingredients with French aromas in a Bean Face Scrub, Tea Cleanser and Flower Face Cream. Summer is now a little brighter! RRP $90
5. Dr Lewinn’s Renewed Skin Classics gift pack includes best sellers, Day Cream Moisturiser and Firming Eye Cream from the Private Formula range, this gift set is ideal for those who want to add some moisture and nourishment for their skin during the warm summer months. RRP $59.95
6. One of the most effective ways to spoil your special someone this Christmas is with a box full of gourmet goodies from Little Box of Yum. Discover exciting new artisan products you’ve never tried before, as a one off or a subscription. Two sizes available, to match your appetite! RRP $54
7. Your arty crafty girlfriend will love this one! Supporting local artists and designers is possible this Christmas, with The Makers Mailer, a monthly subscription box showcasing gorgeous handmade items. Instant pick me ups surely don’t come any sweeter than receiving a surprise gift in the post. RRP $39
8. Dip into the natural wonders of honey with Burt’s Bee Honey Pot set, featuring Burt’s Bees Naturally Nourishing Milk & Body Lotion, Honey & Grapeseed Hand Crème and Honey Lip Balm. This Honey Pot is just what your skin needs to feel loved from head to toe this Christmas. RRP $29.95
9. Dry, overworked hands and nails deserve to be treated with care daily with Weleda Pomegranate Regenerating Hand & Nail Pack. This nourishing duo of hand cream and cuticle pen contain antioxidant-rich, organic pomegranate seed oil to help promote skin renewal. No nasties! RRP $29.90
10. The Organic Trainer has hand selected premium organic ingredients to create a specially formulated exercise tea to help assist with your active lifestyle. The Ginger & Lemon Exercise Tea blend mixes stimulating green tea leaves and ginseng with soothing ingredients such as ginger and lemongrass. RRP $26.95
11. Creates a calmer and healthier home environment and reduce your amount of food wastage naturally with Pure Bamboo Fridge Deodoriser pack by absorbing odours, ethylene gases, moisture and chemicals in your fridge or freezer. RRP $24.95
12. Discover the calming health benefits of colouring with ColourMeArt. Made in Australia, from recycled or recyclable materials, the Teatime Traveller adult colouring pack makes for a creative holiday activity for the arty mamas out there. RRP $22
13. Because gardening should be fun and easy to do, Mr Fothergill’s Sprouting Jar has been specially designed to provide the best conditions for the seeds to germinate and grow. A nice addition to your kitchen window sill. RRP $9.95
1. The EFM Monaco Wallet features a flip cover with a secure magnetic latch to protect your screen, plus an interior shell made with the D3O® impact protection material to provide superior impact resistance. RRP $59.95
2. Take your man on a tasting journey with a monthly subscription box from The Whisky Order, a gift that keeps on giving! Every month a parcel of whisky goodness containing a themed selection of 30 ml sample bottles of malts from all corners of the world is sent to you. RRP $59.95
3. Original Gent is the perfect present for the classy gent in your life! The ‘Smooth Gent’ gift box contains 6 fashion and grooming essentials that epitomise the meaning of dapper. RRP $80
4. Bean Bar You is Australia’s first independent chocolate subscription service, sourcing the world’s best chocolates (handmade from bean to bar). Surprise your man with an original chocolate delivery RRP $44.95
5. Make the thirsty man in your life’s day with a beautiful bunch of Australian
6. Spoil your man this Christmas with a warm Weleda Arnica milk bath that will help soothe his body and mind while his muscles and tired limbs relax, lifting the feelings of tiredness and fatigue. RRP $34.95
7. Whether your man is a green thumb or not, Mr Fothergill’s makes it even easier for him, with the Roll ‘n’ Grow Salad Vegetables, a biodegradable paper mat which is pre-sown with a mix of seed varieties, so all the hard work is already done! RRP $19.95
8. Your man works hard and wants to be comfortable even after a long hot summer day? He will love keeping cool with the Mens Bamboo Trunk, with proven odour absorbing and anti-bacterial properties. RRP $17.50
FOR THE LITTLE ONES
1. Get your little one into good healthy habits with Jack N’ Jill Koala Gift Kit. Jack N’ Jill makes a natural toothpaste for babies, toddlers & children that is safe to swallow, and the toothbrush with handles that is made of NON GMO cornstarch, and is therefore biodegradable and recyclable. Did we mention ‘cute’? RRP $39.95
2. A kids’ gift that really gets me excited this year is Little Passports, a subscription box designed to introduce geography to your preschooler! Every month, delight your child with a package that includes high-quality stickers, trading cards, flashlight game, postcards, fun souvenirs and an activity booklet. RRP from $24.95
3. Gift sleep to new parents and they will love you forever! Bubba Organics Lavender & Chamomille Room spray will help with soothing & comforting baby at bedtime. The naturally calming organic ingredients freshen bubba’s room while assisting with a peaceful & happy sleep. RRP $24.95
4. Sipahh Classic Flavour Crate will help your little ones enjoy milk a tad more with a selection of timeless flavours: Cocoa-Bean Chocolate, Luscious Strawberry, Chilled out Choc-mint, Okey-Dokey Cookies & Cream, Hokey-Pokey Honeycomb and Mellow Yellow Banana. RRP $23.99
5. ColourMeArt Tear & Share Alphabet Colouring Book is hand drawn by Australian artist and mum Helen Ashley. It promotes fine motor skills and an artistic sense of colour. The quality of paper used allows the child to use their favourite medium – ink, paint, pencil or pen! RRP $18.95
6. Keeps your kids busy this summer with the Mr Fothergill’s Little Gardeners Veggie Garden Kit! The box includes a booklet with easy growing instructions & activities, 3 packets of seeds peat pots and soil. RRP $5.95
7. Fill your little girls Christmas stockings with the bright colours and fun designs from the Scunci Girl range, suitable for all hair types. RRP from $4.95
For more fabulous gift ideas, have a look at last year gift guide!
Voila! I have quite a few things on my own Christmas wish list this year including a first aid training course (yes again!), a Dyson handheld vacuum cleaner (I’ve been reading great reviews) and a Kenwood electric spiraliser.
WHAT DID YOU ASK SANTA FOR THIS CHRISTMAS?