Today I’m sharing one of my favourite truly EASY recipes. I’m inspired by strawberries which are one of my favourite summer fruits. I managed to score 15 punnets for a ridiculous small amount of $5.50 (I know, bargain!), so a few strawberry recipes will be coming up in the next few weeks! Luckily, strawberries are low in calories, naturally sweet and a good source of folate (maybe that’s one of the reasons why pregnant women commonly crave strawberries!). Oh but that’s not it. In case you didn’t already know, strawberries are also an excellent source of vitamin C and dietary fibre. This easy resfreshing summer snack or dessert is for the whole family to enjoy, without the guilt!
Strawberries with Lemon and Mint
- 500 g strawberries (2 punnets)
- 15 g sugar
- Half a lemon, juiced
- 10 fresh mint leaves, thinly cut or shredded
- Clean the strawberries and cut into quarters. Place in a large salad bowl.
- Pour the juice of half a lemon over the strawberries.
- Add the sugar and mint. Mix delicately through.
- Place in fridge for a couple of hours
Tip: You could make an adult version of this refreshing dessert by adding a splash of Prosecco!
What is your favourite way to eat strawberries?