For those who know me personally, you would know that I love love love biscuits/shortbreads/cookies. It’s undoubtedly my favourite food and you can tell simply by looking at my thighs – sight 🙁 I’ve tried a few cookies recipes over the past few months but I wasn’t satisfied with any until I decided to go for ‘shortbreads’ as opposed to ‘cookies’! The best part about these melt in your mouth biscuits is that there are super easy and quick to make.
Choc chips Shortbreads
- Pre-heat the oven at 190C
- Sift the flour into a large bowl
- Add sugar and combine
- In the centre, pour the melted butter and mix until obtaining a crumbly dough
- Add the egg and use your hands to mix until a ball forms
- Divide the dough into 15 small balls
- Place each ball into a floured baking tray and flatten slightly using your hand
- Add choc chips
- Bake for 18-20 min
Do you prefer chewy or crunchy cookies?