Warm up from the inside out with this classic soup recipe! A nice, big bowl of home-made minestrone soup is one of the best ways to get a lot of the veggies you need all in one dish. This is my first time at making minestrone soup and I will certainly cook it again – it was delicious! The recipe is adapted from Tefal Cuisine Companion ‘1 Million Menus’.
- 1 can of white beans
- 1 can of diced tomatoes
- Half a brown onion
- 1 big garlic clove
- 1 large potato
- 1 large carrot
- 50g leek (white part only)
- 1 medium zucchini
- 20g celery stick
- 80g bacon
- 30g butter
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 litre stock + 0.5 water
- 80g small pasta
- salt and pepper
- basil leave to serve (optional)
- Peel the onion and garlic then roughly chop. Chop the other vegetables and bacon into small pieces.
- Place the onion and garlic in the bowl fitted with the ultrablade knife and mix at speed 11 for 10 s. Replace the ultrablade knife with the mixer. Add the butter, bay leaf and bacon then launch the P1 slow cook program at 130°C for 4 mins.
- Add the stock, diced vegetables, beans and peeled tomatoes. Season with salt and pepper and launch the P2 slow cook program at 95°C for 1 hr.
- Add the pasta and relaunch the P2 slow cook program at 100°C for 10 mins.
- Serve hot with chopped basil leaves.
For more soup inspiration, check my 4 Easy Soup Recipes!